Top login menu

University of Cambridge

Health and wellbeing

  • Home
  • Main page content

    Being at university is a wonderful opportunity to live independently and stretch your wings. This can be an exciting time but it can also be a stressful one.

    One of the main challenges can be knowing where to go for help or who to ask for support. Your Tutor will normally be your first port of call should a problem arise but there are also many other sources of support available. Find out more about:

    There are also some College policies and procedures, which are particularly relevant for students. These are listed on the Policies page. In particular, you should be aware of the College’s Harassment and Sexual Misconduct policy, the Drug and Alcohol Misuse policies, and the College’s statement on transgender issues.

    Registering with a GP

    All students should register with a GP when they arrive in Cambridge, and should then provider the Tutorial Office with the name of their registered GP.

    If you have previously been registered with a doctor in the UK, remember to take your NHS card or NHS number with you when registering in Cambridge. You will also need to provide the name and address of your previous doctor.

    If you are an overseas student and you have never been registered with a doctor in the UK, remember to take your passport when registering.

    is adjacent to the College and many students register here. You can find information on other local surgeries on the website.

    Registering with a dentist

    If you wish to register with an NHS dentist locally, you can find out which practices in the city are accepting NHS patients by using the .

    Student Healthcare Guide

    The contains lots of useful information, including details about mental health services, pharmacies, self-care and much more.

    NHS Low Income Scheme

    If you have a low income, the could help you pay for NHS prescription charges and other costs.